Activate Security has some useful tips to follow to ensure your home is secure whilst away on family holidays or extended trips away.
- Make your home appear to be ‘lived in’ by using timers to turn on lights, televisions, computers and stereos.
- Contact Australia Post and ensure your mail is temporarily suspended.
- Ask a neighbour to clear away mail, newspapers or flyers – don’t let it back up and accumulate.
- Clear away any outdoor spare keys – potential burglars always search around the door or mailbox for keys.
- Leave a car in the driveway and ask your neighbour to move it. Even just moving it back a metre or two is a good idea.
Have any more tips? Add to the post below.